- Reformatted the layout. The Pencil Note keyboard and the Values keyboard are both displayed at all times. No more toggling a radio button to choose which to use.
- Landscape layout places the keyboards on either side to make it easier to reach each with both hands.
- Upon completing a puzzle, the action bar will display a button to allow you to select the next one at the same level.
- Implemented an Action Bar. Easier access to the menu.
- Added a EULA.
- Internal changes - quite extensive, actually. Facilitate future development, bring the code into better alignment with standards, take advantage of other project structures.
- While attempting to correct a few drawing problems - especially when viewed on high resolution devices - I found it was necessary to redo the guts of the interface.
- On some devices, the drawing could leave artifacts which were quite distracting. This has been corrected.
- Higher resolution devices (i.e. Nexus One) were not properly scaling the game screen. More correctly, I wasn't properly scaling the screen for these devices.
- The Cell Entry window is far too small - especially on the higher resolution devices. It has been replaced with a number pad that is always displayed. This number pad will update itself to reflect the status of the selected cells, showing the entered number or pencil marks as appropriate.
- The screen also has directional arrows displayed at all times. This should help with navigation on those devices that might not have a d-pad or trackball available .
- Reduced the number of redraws being performed. The application is now more responsive and should be more battery-friendly.
- Reduced the application size from approx. 1408KB to 986KB which should help to free up some space on the phone and make downloading it a little less painful.
- Updated the help screens to reflect the new changes and corrected a few spelling errors.
- Added an "Email the Developer" to the help screens to make it easier to email me if you have questions or concerns.
- Corrected a drawing problem when this is played on Android 1.5. The background of the game screen wasn't painting and this allowed the main screen text to be imposed over the game grid.
- Corrected a drawing problem with the help text when this is displayed on Android 1.5.
- Removed the "Check For Updates" feature. Since the Google Market has gotten better about showing which applications have updates available, this is no longer necessary.
- Removing the Check For Updates feature has also allowed me to remove the Internet Permissions, since the application no longer needs to have access to the internet.