Released: 27-Sep-2011 The main thrust of this release is to update the UI.
- Added a new podcast - Renaissance Festival Podcast
- We will no longer support Android SDK Level 1.5
- Removed the Carousel.
- Updated the Look and Feel of the lists.
- In portrait mode, when viewing the lists, you can swipe left or right to view the next list, without having to go back to the main page.
- The number of items loaded to the lists is now done via "pages", where each page will load 10 items. The list will offer an option to load more if you want to view older topics.
- Removed the preferences as they no longer apply to the carousel or the number of items you can load.
There is one issue with the new UI at this time. While in portrait mode and viewing the listings of podcasts, blogs, etc., the focus while scrolling with the dpad or trackball can be on non-visible pages. Google has indicated that this will be taken care in a future release and I will update the app at that time. For more details, you can view this link: FragmentPager Scrolling - Google Groups
- Sussed out the issue with the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. New rules applied when they were moved to the new server. They should all be working again. Thank you for your patience.
- Added some minor visual enhancements.
- Trying to handle connection issues a little more gracefully.
- Reversing an earlier change that causes the media player to stop playing when you come and go from the app.
Released: 20-Jun-2010 This release includes some minor changes, most of which are behind the scenes.
- Provided the ability to cancel the long running Loading/Preparing operations. If your connection isn't ideal and it is taking too long to load a list or prepare the audio, you can quit the operation.
- Attempting to address some issues with Airplane Mode. I don't think I've got it licked yet, but getting closer.
- Handling some unusual errors that crop up from time-to-time when playing the long podcasts.
Released: 18-May-2010 In the never ending quest for more and better content, this next release will feature some new additions to the app.
- Adding a new Podcast. The Pub Songs Podcast is being added so you can enjoy even more all-around amusement.
- Videos! Adding a new feature where you can view some of Marc's music videos. Marc's music is best appreciated when watching him perform.
- Thanks to a great user suggestion, reworked the Media Player so that the long-running podcasts are less likely to get shut down by Android when memory gets low.
- Correct an issue with the Media Player for the Podcast when screen orientation changes. This might lead to a Force Close.
- Correct an issue where after closing the app, an incoming phone call might cause it to Force Close. Weird, huh?
- Discovered a point where a Force Close in the Media Player for the Podcast might happen. It's really hard to replicate, but occurs when the data connections are poor or intermittent. Hopefully, this will help to reduce these incidents. If you encounter any Force Close errors in the app, please email me. The market is not the correct place to report these. I will need more information than you can provide in the market and I really want to find and stop any of these that may be occurring. (You can use the email button in the help screens to make contacting me easier.)
Released: 31-March-2010 There have been comments regarding the carousel screen which indicate that people are having difficulty with it. One comment indicates that the user doesn't know the swipe left/right is available. As such, much of this release is aimed at improving and augmenting its navigation.
- Added menu items for "rotate left" and "rotate right" if you just can't get the base swipe left/right to register consistently.
- Added Swipe Sensitivity preferences so that you can change the sensitivity to make the swipe left/right more responsive.
Additionally, a little clean-up and minor tweaks were added.
- Added help - which is a little light at the moment - to describe the features of the application.
- Help screens all have a button at the bottom that will initiate an email message to make it easier to contact the developer with questions or concerns.
- Improved some error messages that might be displayed with requested content is unavailable.
- The script that extracts the blog list has been including some extra stuff that it shouldn't, so that has been addressed.
- Initial Release